Department offers quality Business Computing and Information technology education & research in Africa.
Prospective Undergraduate Students
The objectives of the program are to:
- Develop professionals with theoretical and practical skills in Business Computing and information technology
- Strengthen institutional capacity and building in Business Computing and Information technology in tertiary institutions, the private and public sector
- Build capacity with a practical orientation needed to link up the Business Computing and information technology sector with Government and Industry under the broader perspective of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Provide most of the ICT professionals needed in Uganda and neighboring countries.
Career Options Arising from the MSc. Computer Science program.
The graduates from the Business Computing and IT find themselves in different kinds of environments for example, academia, and research, industry, and government, private and business organizations. The list below provides some of the possible career options for a graduate of Business Computing and IT,
- Computer/Cyber Security Expert
- Software Engineers/programers
- Data Scientist
- ICT Project Consultants
- Systems Security Analyst
- Systems Analyst, and Business Intelligence Analyst
- Database, Systems and Network Administrators