Multitech Business School (MBS) runs a well-developed Consultancy and Grants Department that solicits for grants on behalf of MBS, but also conducts research, surveys, and designs capacity development interventions for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), public and private sector institutions, development partners, and non-state agencies.
MBS has been consulted on the Enabel SDHR Project, as well as on several World Bank, EU, DFID, DANIDA, and Irish Aid funded projects. Key Government of Uganda agencies Multitech has consulted for include: Ministry of Local Government, Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, Ministry of Water and Environment, Ministry of Works and Transport, and Ministry of Trade and Industry. MBS has executed assignments for CSOs including: Transparency International Uganda, Anti-Corruption Coalition Uganda, Technoserve Uganda, Citizens Watch IT, CEFORD, and Rwenzori Consortium for Civic Competence among others. MBS has been undertaking consultancy assignments in a number of focus areas for more than twenty-five (25) years.
MBS consultancy team has renowned academic experts and seasoned business professionals with deep experience in finance and business spanning more than 30 years in Uganda and internationally. The MBS Consultancy Department also partners with Semu and Associates Certified Public Accountants to provide audit and financial advisory services.
Multitech Business School Consultancy Department’s core niche is in the following areas:
- Strategic and Business Plans formulation
- Management and Leadership skills development and Institutional Capacity building
- Governance enhancement including internal audit and Board support services
- Technical assistance in accounting and financial management
- Taxation – tax health checks, training and routine compliance support
- Accounting software, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Systems and related implementation support and training
- Efficiency audits/costing studies/process rationalization studies
- Research and Baselines
- Data management systems supply and implementation support
- Products and processes certification support to companies including SMEs (UNBS, ISO, HACCP, Fairtrade, 4C, Rainforest Alliance, etc.)
- Recruitment support and organizational development services – organizational reviews, restructuring, establishing organizational structures, establishing performance management systems and implementation support, etc.
- Technical assistance services to product research and development
- Commercial/Marketing strategy development including branding, pricing and market development advisory services and related implementation support, etc.
- Implementation of production and quality management systems including establishing Standard Operating Procedures, Manuals and Advisory services on pertinent workplace re-organization
- Occupation health and safety support – development of manuals and standard operating procedures, training and routine compliance reviews, etc.
- Project mid-term, end-term, and impact evaluations
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Transformation Interventions
- Information Technology Development and Innovation
- Local Economic Empowerment Programmes
- Journalism and Media Programmes
- Vocational and Skills Development
Head of Consultancy Department